Mrs Virginia Porteous
66 Brinbabella Drive,
Peregian Springs Qld
Mobile - 0410472177
Captain Ken Bryant - MV Kahu
Email - email@example.com
Location - Fort Lauderdale USA
Cell - +1 954 2329611
X Manager of Margan Wines
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mobile - +61 416 221 960
From: Jen Williams [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, 29 August 2014 12:13 PM
To: 'Kristy Fox'
Cc: 'Jennifer Williams'
Subject: RE: Reference Request for Sue Robson - chief stew
Hi Kristy Fox,
Yes Sue Robson worked with me at Margan Wines in the Hunter Valley as a cellar door attendee.
I will answer your questions below where appropriate, but I can say candidly that Sue was always on time, always immaculately presented, uniforms well cared for. She showed person charisma with the customers, learned her script regarding set wine descriptions when conducting tastings. Handled couples through to large groups of 50.
Sue strived for excellence, was diligent in her tasks and looked for those duties others had left un attended.
The customers loved her and accordingly her sales figures were high. She was extremely well liked by all other employees and aided me as the Cellar Door & Club Manager.
Please see below for further comments.
PERSONALISED PHOTOGRAPHY, DESIGN & RESTORATION
m: 0416 22 1960
From: Kristy Fox [mailto:Kristy@kristyfox.com]
Sent: Friday, 29 August 2014 1:42 AM
To: Jennifer Williams - Wild Photos
Subject: Reference Request for Sue Robson - chief stew
TO: Jennifer Williams
RE: Reference for-Sue Robson
Dear Jennifer, good morning…
Sue Robson is interested in one of the positions (Chief Stew) that I have available on board a yacht. She used your name as a reference.
Following is a questionnaire to give you a general idea of what I would like to know about Sue; or if you prefer in your own words, please tell me about her and what her duties, etc., may have included on your boat. I would certainly appreciate it and your valuable time.
1. What were her specific duties while on board and did she meet those expectations?
Cellar door person full time 5 days x 9hr days. Public personal tastings to anyone who came through the cellar door, stock bar, clean all areas, process email and phone orders, labelling and stock count, answer emails and phone calls for restaurant bookings, attend restaurant staff menu change tastings and have knowledge of the current menu and function menus. Clean toilets on roster, check for cleanliness of all bathrooms on roster basis three times daily.
2. How was her attitude and demeanor with the guests and with the owner?
Wonderful, polite, intelligent, knowledgeable and articulate.
3. Was she polite and courteous?
Always and with a great smile
4. Did she work well under pressure? Did she have good leadership skills?
Yes I could leave Sue alone on days off and she ran the bar perfectly in all areas and left precise instruction and notation for those staff on the following day and myself for issues that needed attending.
5. Did she anticipate the guests/owner’s needs; was she a step ahead?
Yes, in a light hearted manner that made everyone feel immediately at ease.
6. Did she have good communication skills and focus skills?
Yes, I actually asked her if she would apply for my position when I moved on.
7. Did she have any wine knowledge, silver service knowledge and/or bartending skills?
Sue has full wine knowledge, not only in the tasting arena, but location of wines and champagnes from many regions and countries, then a thorough knowledge of the stages of wine growth, vintages, harvest and production, bottling, packaging. Her bar tending, included the CD ( which converted to the wedding bar after hours)
Sue attended in the restaurant if required due to staff shortages, which is a one hat fine dining experience of 100 plates per seating, twice daily.
8. Did she ever do any floral arranging or table settings? If so, was she creative? Although we had a professional florist do weekly arrangements, it was CD duty to daily clean and rearrange all vases, plus utilize any left-over flowers from weekly weddings. Yes she had a flair for the beautiful and presentation. She often re-did with wonderful ideas and flair, displays of wine bottles for various yearly occasions.
9. Was she willing to help in other areas outside of her own area, such as out on the deck? Was she a team player?
At all times – the staff at Margan were employed on this basis and were hand selected from many applicants for any available position. They also had to be approved through three interviews with various levels of management.
10. If she did help outside on deck, was she able to handle the lines and fenders? I’m not sure on rigging qualifications, but Sue demonstrated keen ability for any necessary work, setting tables outside, umbrellas, lanterns, helping with garden vegetables from the market garden for the restaurant staff for functions, quickly working in with restaurant staff as barrister or glass washer when needed. She jumps in where ever required and shows true dedication and ability.
She doesn’t answer back, listens and basically only needs to be shown once if she has not done the task before.
11. Did she ever help with driving and docking the tenders and/or toys on board?
12. Did she ever stand watch?
Of the CD – yes several times per week. (customers can be more of a challenge than the ocean)
13. Did she ever drink alcohol in excess or take illegal drugs to your knowledge?
No, we were encouraged to try new wines after working hours, but Sue tasted and spat out as she had to drive home.
14. What were the reasons why she left the job? Did she leave on good terms?
Sue had an ill mother and left to attend to her needs in Qld. We were sorry to see her go
15. Would you consider re-hiring or referring her at any time?
Although I am no longer in that position, having moved out of the industry myself after 5 years, returning to my vocation of photography - yes – in fact she was asked to return twice, but declined.
Thank you so much for your time. I am striving to place individuals of the highest caliber.
I appreciate your candid comments.
I look forward to hearing from you.
No problem, happy to help – let me know if you ever need a photographer, have good sea legs.
Reference from Virginia Porteous
To Whom It May Concern
Sue Robson is a lovely person & she was my P.A. in a retail environment. I found her to be very efficient in everything I asked her to do & was a great team leader.
Sue has the ability to get the most out of other staff members & works well with suppliers . Her attitude is positive with a little bit of fun . I feel these are two very important & rare qualities.
I also found Sue to be diligent & professional at all times.
Asked if I would hire Sue again the answer is yes, definitely . I
believe any employer that takes Sue on will be rewarded with her willingness to put her all into her work, she is reliable & absolutely trustworthy.
From personal experience I believe she will be a great asset to any future employer & I would highly recommend her.
She has good old fashion ethics which these days is not easy to find!!
Reference from Captain Ken Bryant
9th June, 2014
To whom it may concern
I have had the pleasure of knowing Sue Robson.
Sue worked with me on MY Sun Goddess, a 35 meter fast luxury transfer vessel as Hostess/Stewardess/Deckhand.
Hayman Island, and myself, have set a very high standard in presentation, efficiency and professionalism. Sue always surpassed these standards.
I was more than happy with Sue's professional outlook and her friendly and happy approach to her duties.
I have built a professional relationship with Sue during Hayman Island and ongoing. Sue is a true professional and knows the importance of healthy boundaries.
Some of her skills and attributes include and aren’t limited to –
· Ability to get the job done, on time, accurately and in a consistent manner
· Ability to develop ideas, use initiative and work without guidance
· Ability to apply analytical and decision making skills to solve problems
· Good interpersonal skills
· Excellent work attitude
· Excellent personal presentation and communication skills
I would employ her again anytime in any capacity on board a vessel and wish her every success in her future ambitions.
Please contact me personally anytime should I be of further assistance.
Captain Ken Bryant
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Location - Fort Lauderdale USA
Cell - +1 954 2329611
43 Warana Street,
To Whom It May Concern:
It gives me pleasure to provide this reference in support of Sue Robson’s efforts to secure the position as
a Personal Assistant for a High Profile Owner.
In regard to the position description Sue has all the necessary attributes required to successfully undertake the duties required. As an intelligent and motivated person, Sue presents with very high standards, can anticipate an individual’s requirements in advance, and, during her working career has gained valuable yachting hospitality experience in addition to developing personal assistant skills, expertise and intuition that would be most suitable for this position.
Sue is a very energetic person; no task is too difficult for her to undertake successfully, and with her sunny disposition, Sue would be an excellent candidate for this position.
Again, I endorse the professional and personal attributes of Sue Robson and wish her well in her application for this position.
The Honourable Nicholas Dondas AM,ASM
Mobile No. 0411600061